A Gas Safe registered engineer left boiler in unsafe condition
This post has already been read 4036 times!
A Gas Safe registered engineer from Middlesex has been fined for safety failings after he carried out an unsafe installation.
In a one day trial at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court it was heard how Michael Efthymiou, a self- employed gas engineer, carried out an unsafe installation of a gas combination boiler and flue at a domestic property in Crossfield Road, Clacton-on-Sea.
An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) into the incident found that on 7 February 2015 Michael Efthymiou left the boiler in place with significant failings that left the tenants at risk of exposure to dangerous products of combustion.
Michael Efthymiou, of Nursery Gardens, Enfield, Middlesex was found guilty of breaching Section 3(2) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, and Regulation 27(1) of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 and was fined £2,460.00 and ordered to pay £6722.37 costs.
For further information on Gas Safety visit: